Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Promises

Rainbow over Kanakuk from the gate of Grant* Holcomb's Farm.

Yesterday I made a to do list, promises to myself that I couldn't keep. In contrast...

God said, Genesis 9:13-15 (New American Standard Bible)

13I set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth.

14"It shall come about, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow will be seen in the cloud,

15and I will remember My covenant, which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and never again shall the water become a flood to destroy all flesh.

Tomorrow is "change over" day at Kanakuk. The last term of 13-day Kampers are packing their trunks and fighting over which seat they get in the car on the way here. It's rained nearly every change over day and lots of days in between :-) It's been a wet summer.

On my way to work this morning as I pulled out of my driveway about 9 minutes from K-1 and K-Kountry I could see this rainbow (sorry for the bad picture, laptop cam). I thought about all I have to do today and the poor performance of yesterday. The overwhelming nature of the Fall months to come. About the "rain" that seemed seems to be flooding in at the moment.

It might have been a wet summer, but as I drove the windy road, getting my bearings, I could tell that rainbow sat right over the Branson Kamps including my office. I took it as a promise of a dry arrival for Kampers tomorrow and no more than I can handle today at work.

Are you struggling today, overwhelmed, wondering when the next rain is going to pummel you? Be encouraged, as I have been, that the promises of God control this Earth and all that is in it. That's you and me friends. Fear not the rain. Thanks for the prayers for Kanakuk. Pray today especially for the Staff, they are incredible, dedicated to service. They are relying on the promise too.

My "To Do" list for today:
  1. Blog Post
  2. Finish Cleaning My Desk
  3. Meet with Kanakuk Ministries Board Member Tony C.
  4. Fax the confidentiality agreement to BroadRamp
  5. Finalize the concept for the Kanakuk Display booth
  6. Write content for the "The Story", "The Kamps", "The People", and "The Impact" pages of the new website

Whew...that's enough. Just typing that list I think I felt a drop of rain in my office. I may not get it all done and guess what, it's OK. It's more important that I surrender it all to God. He knows what of that he wants done today, it's His work to do through me. What a relief.

I have two blog post ideas going for tomorrow. Talking about the new website. Or defining the word "connectersationalism". Which would you prefer talking about? Something else maybe?

Now Playing: Out Of The Woods by Nickel Creek

*Grant Holcomb lives a couple of miles from my house and runs a Bobcat, excavation service in addition to his farm work. He's pushed some dirt at my house.

Update: Meeting with Tony C. moved to K-Kauai (lose 30 minutes), not having to finish my desk (gain back 15 minutes). Coffee with JGM (gain back 15 minutes)

Facebook friends make your comments in the original post at Inside Kanakuk.

No comments: