Monday, July 7, 2008

Live blog on Tim Oliphant American Gladiator

REFRESH OFTEN!!! minute by minute updates.

It's 6:47 on Monday night and I'm at the Tim Oliphant American Gladiator watch party! Tim's friends and co-workers are here eating, catching up and watching the last few minutes of Wheel of Fortune in anticipation of the big event. Tim is stirring some queso.

Tim just screamed the 10 minute announcement.

Tim quote: "After the months of waiting its about stinking time. It's been a busy day."

----
6:54 - Tim just screamed the 6 minute announcement.

6:59 - It's at a fever pitch now. Tim is dressed in his American Gladiator T-shirt and playing host.

7:01 - Tim quote. "I've gotta prove that I'm the man and that I can take it!"

7:05 - Tim is eyes locked on the TV screen.

7:07 - The room went absolutely nuts as Tim talked about his parents and as his famous quote came on.

Here is a picture of Tim with his "littlest fan"

7:09 - The room went crazy as Tim jumped up and down after beating Titan on Pyramid. After the celebration Tim promises to show a video Journal of that day of competition after the show is over. "If you want to see it" he says. Someone in the room says "if Tim is in it we want to see it!"


7:17 - Take the poll on the right.

7:18 - 7 seconds was not enough. The room goes quite as Tim takes a swim off the climbing wall and then erupts when Tim declares on screen that "the pressures off now I'm ready to go"

7:20 - Tim shared Rocket's trash talk just before the climbing wall: "You got your route? I got mine." "You're pretty light weight. I've gained 15 pounds since last season."

7:26 - Snapback. Tim on the show, "I'm gonna step my game up..." The crowd here goes crazy enjoying the Tim quotes.

7:30 - Tim says that ...[edited]

7:41 - Tim says that Sideswipe was the most fun event and that we should get that event at Kanakuk. He also said that the platforms have some wobble to them.

7:49 - Tim's living room is full of friends.
7:51 - The part of the show where Tim is kneeling down praying was ...[edited] Tim's response, "I'll pray where ever you want me to!" ...[edited]

7:56 - Everyone in the room is on their feet, arms pumping, screaming, laughing as Tim finishes the Eliminator in 1:24, a course record!

8:00 - As the show ends the room joins in a "standing O" for Tim.

AFTER THE SHOW

Tim says the next episode he's on is in two weeks on the 21st.

Tim's getting ready to show his video Journal after the first day of shooting.

Tim shows off his Gladiator "tats"; wounds from the first round.

Tim says that he doesn't know what happened on the Pyramid but he just went for it and made it to the top.

Tim says he keeps in almost daily contact with all the other contenders.

Typical day of shooting: start at 9:00am with van ride to studio...[edited]

[edited]

Tim said it was hard to sleep because of the adrenaline and the thinking about having to do the events.

He said there was lots of talking between contenders, playing games and stuff while waiting on the set.

When Tim went for training they took him to a Hollywood doctor and gave him a thorough physical.

Tim has two uniforms a red one and a blue one. He traded for the blue one.

Tim says there is a new event in the semifinals. He said they put the slowest guy against the fastest guy in the semifinals.

Tim says that the fun thing about Titan is that he and Tim have a rivalry, he says ...[edited]

8:37 - Joe White shows up at Tim's house during the encore showing of the episode.


Facebook friends make your comments in the original post at Inside Kanakuk.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim, Saw you on AG tonight!!!
What a surprise. . Great Stuff!
Cheering for you all the way.
God Bless!!

Marcus McD
K-1 Photographer-2001

Unknown said...

Incredible work Tim. I was wondering what came of Tom Joad from Dulles High School 1993.

In addition to the athleticism, you showed uncommon dignity and grace this evening. Shoot me an email if you get a chance... dkriz@speedwaychristian.org

Blessings,

Doug (Pa Joad)

Anonymous said...

Tim Oliphant, WOW! I was sitting here watching AG w/ my husband and girls and saw you. I didn't recognize you at first b/c I missed the first 30 minutes. Then about halfway through the eliminator I realized they said your name was Tim, and I said, "hey wait a minute I think that's Tim Oliphant. He was one of my students at A&M; he played ultimate frisbee and took 121 and prayed in the pool w/ his buddy before the swim test! I know him." We ran the show back to the beginning and then I figured out I was right! My girls were cheering and screaming and were so excited! My 6 year old said "Mom, were you like his TRAINER? This is so awesome...you have to call him!" (I said "no" and "I will!" So we tucked the kids into bed and I found this blog and you better write me back! I am so excited for you. And speaking of Joe White, one of his books is on our bathroom floor right now! Anyway, God bless; I'm sure you're having a great impact on those kids. How are your brothers?

Dr. K (sandy_kimbrough@tamu-commerce.edu)

Organic Husband said...

For those of you trying to contact Tim I have forwarded your comments on to him. He was excited to hear from each of you. He's pretty busy right now but I'm sure he'll get back to you. I'm going to do my best to blog live from the next watch party so check back here on the 21st.

Konrad Holden said...

Tim,

You and AG mix like pb&j.
You beat Titian on pyramid,
set a new record on the eliminator, hung on on sideswipe,
and a lot of other stuff.
Your AWESOME.


A Kamper

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim,

I was just watching gladiator and the whole time I was telling everyone I knew you from somewhere. Then I finally realized where it was from... I went to Vanguard and was in K-Life back in Waco. Looks like your doing good man.

God Bless,
Austin Smith

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim. You don't know me. I'm working with your Kanakuk payroll lady, Marcia, on a conference committee. She told us about you competing on AG. My kids and I were cheering for you on AG last night - you were awesome! Congrats and God bless!!!!