Thursday, July 3, 2008

Christian Radio

We have a great little independant Christian radio station here in Branson called Life FM (KLFC). Started by people from a local church it has grown and thrived here. We haven't done much "Advertising" including radio spots but wanted this year to support this station and in turn they are providing some 15 second spots.

Bear with me. I'm going to test out some radio script ideas on you. Let me know which one you like the best:

1. Kanakuk Kamps one of the Tri-lake's largest employers provides an "Exciting Adventure in Christian Athletics" for thousands of boys and girls ages 7-18 each summer. 7 , 13 and 25-day terms provide Kampers with a taste of Kanakuk or a full blown life-changing summer experience. Great facilities, great food and the most kid-loving, Christian, college staff make a summer at Kanakuk something kids never forget. Visit kanakuk dot com to take in the whole Kanakuk experience.


2. [bed of camp themed music comes up] "Exciting Adventure in Christian Athletics" just begins to describe the life-changing experience at Kanakuk Kamps. From ziplines [zipline sound] to football drills [whistle and football hits sounds], guitar lessons [Acoustic guitar riff], to crazy skits [funny music with laughter] Kanakuk will take your heart, mind, and body to the next level. Make your summer count by coming to Kanakuk for 7, 13, or 25 days of memories and adventure! To enroll or learn more visit kanakuk dot com.

If you were hearing about Kanakuk for the very first time on radio what message would peak your interest?

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I hope you find this to be a place you can see under the hood so to speak and feel more apart of what we do here. It's a great place to work, I'm blessed, hope your day is full of blessings.


Facebook friends make your comments in the original post at Inside Kanakuk.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The second one looks more enticing with the music and sounds... guitar lessons? I had no idea!

kw

Anonymous said...

#2 - but I'd add the sound of apple turnovers being made. Those things are fantastic! If we could only couple it with Smell-O-Vision.....

Anonymous said...

The sounds in the 2nd one would make me listen.

Organic Husband said...

thanks to c.berk for the e-mail suggesting that people may be more willing to b-e-a-r with me in instead of my typo "bare".

Unknown said...

I would want to hear some of the Kanakuk kampers talking about the impact Kanakuk has made in their life. Kids are amazing and speak the truth. Kanakuk has changed my kids lives. This year, just out of curiosity, I posed the hypothetical question to my oldest daughter who will be at K-Klassic for her 8th year in a row, "This year would you rather go to Disney World or Kanakuk?" (just out of curiosity). She laughed, as if it was silly for me to even ask, and replied, "Kanakuk - hands down!!" That says something right there. Kids would rather go to Kanakuk instead of Disney World!

Organic Husband said...

That's a great story about your daughter. Is isn't that the truth.

Speaking with my Kamp parent hat on I feel exactly the same way. My daughter (7 years old) went to Kamp for the first time this summer and
today in the car she said, "Dad, some kids go to Kamp when they are 6." Knowing where this was headed I said , "Yes, a few 6-year olds go, but not very many." "Dad." She piped back, "You should have sent me when I was six." Now imagine that said with a hint of 'what were you thinking!' in her voice!

That's a great idea about the Kamper's talking on the commercial. If I do some longer than 15 seconds we'll pull some of the great interviews and definitely do that!

Thanks for the comment.