Wednesday, July 23, 2008

New I'm Third Movie

I am absolutely busting at the seams! Our Media Director Tim Oliphant, also of American Gladiator fame, just finished a new short film that communicates the I'm Third philosophy.
The I'm Third life philosophy has been a foundation of Kanakuk for so many years and a vital part of the growth that Kampers experience during a term here. One of Tim's strengths is Communication and he does such a great job of piecing things together so that you and I can feel it too.

Enjoy this short film and please leave your comments about it.




This is a preview. We'll eventually have a fully credited, high quality version available over at www.kanakuk.com. While I'm at it I'll leak something about the new website: We are planning special "easter eggs" on the home page of the new site. The first one will be typing "JOY" on the keyboard then you'll get a surprise. New www.kanakuk.com coming in September.

Facebook friends make your comments in the original post at Inside Kanakuk.

10 comments:

Carlene said...

Wow...I was engaged from the first few beats of the audio...good choice. It sets the tone, kind of cool and serious and it anticipates throughout. I also liked that the video spanned from older teen, to "tween"? and young girl and real life "I'm Third" examples. I liked the pace too; action, pause, slower action and how it correlated with each thought process. Above all, love the MESSAGE! Will it be on the kamp website for kids?

Organic Husband said...

When we launch the new website in September that video will be on there. We'll also be showing it at the Kanakuk Live events in the Fall.

Anonymous said...

I really like the move to short films like this to cast vision. Well done...

Anonymous said...

Looks GREAT!

Anonymous said...

Would love it if you would make it available for putting on Facebooks...

@nnie said...

I just got a chance to watch the video and I LOVE it! I cannot wait to show it to my daughter who just had her first summer at Kankuk a few weeks ago. It is a very tangible expression of the "I'm Third" lifestyle. I wish I could link it into my blog somehow. It has a GREAT message. Thanks for sharing!

Organic Husband said...

Next chance I get I'll upload this video to YouTube and post a link to it. Thanks for reading. See Tim Oliphant swatting flies at Starbucks on my July 26th post!

Anonymous said...

Great message....effective message. I would love for my boys to watch this. They're at K-1 and K-West now. Will this be shown at Kamp? Thanks for putting the time into this project....I think it will reap huge rewards!

Anonymous said...

I think it is quite interesting that the Cherokee kid playing basketball is on the winning team and he displays "I'm Third" values. God loves the Cherokees!

Callie Christian said...

I have never had the priveledge to attend Kanakuk, but I have had several friends who have. A dear friend passed away at the age of 28 from cancer on the 1st and his funeral was today. At the funeral they said that he had been to Kanakuk as a child and when he was 8 years old he recieved Christ on his bunk at camp. Then they spoke about his "I'm Third" lifestyle. There was such a peace at his funeral and I know this is because of his faith in and service to Christ! I was very challenged and when I got home I wanted to look up "I'm Third" scriptures. I googled "I'm Third" and this was the first link. AMAZING! I think what you guys do is awesome and even though I have never attended, I hope to send my kids to Kanakuk!!!