Thursday, August 28, 2008

Best Lemonade in Houston at Irma's Southwest Grill

Irma's Southwest Grill Entrance

After the Men at the Cross event in Houston we had a Victory lunch at Irma's Southwest Grill. All I can say is that it was the best Mexican food I've ever had. Shrimp tacos, enchiladas, Salsa that just makes you want to cry when you have to leave, and the absolute best lemonade in the world. Great atmosphere and just a fun time with the Leadership of MATC and the Houston regional team. Great guys and gals who truly have a heart for the men of Houston.

Irma's Southwest Grill's, now famous to me, lemonade.

Enjoy the pictures. Hopefully I'll get around to getting all the names right at some point. Feel free to jump in there and help.

 Joe White with Jeff, Bruce, and Louie Owners of Irma's Southwest Grill
 Joe White with Kampers and friends at Irma's

As a side note, all you Tim Oliphant, American Gladiator fans might like to know that Tim threw out the beginning pitch at the Springfield Cardinals baseball game last night. Then he competed against the crowd, the dominoes pizza guy, etc. in between innings. I didn't get to go because I was standing in a 3 hour line for getting one of my sons fitted and signed up for football.

The only way I made it through that ordeal was talking to Kamp Dad, Dana Barnett [hope I spell the names right] and his son Brandon. It was great to get to know them. We have such great parents at Kanakuk. Huge fans of what we are doing. It's so encouraging to hear and see from you first hand the impact Kamp has on your kids. In my position at Kanakuk I don't get a lot of time with the kids and parents. So, when God puts me in those situations I always feel blessed.

I've been very busy the last few days and appreciate your patience as I get caught up on my blogging. I love these conversations with you. Thanks for checking back.

This week and last I have had lots of conversations about connectersations that the Director's want to have with you and your kids. I haven't seen the Director's so hungry for time communicating with the kids they met this summer. They clearly miss the Kampers and want the summer to last. One of the ways they hope to share more of the year with you and your kids is through blogs. Watch for them to get started in the next month or so. It's going to fun.


Facebook friends make your comments in the original post at Inside Kanakuk.

No comments: