Thursday, October 2, 2008

Kanakuk Pools Inspire Dreams


Every day, at every activity, Kanakuk Kampers live faith-impacting moments that God uses to bring them closer to Him. Our counselors share those moments with great kids like Josh.

“Hi, I’m Josh. I’ve been going to Kanakuk for two years and when I grow up I want to be a professional blobber. This is my story…I got my start in blobbing when I was just seven-years-old. Yeah, I tried all that other stuff like water slide, water tramp, diving, trapeze, water polo, and even swimming. Anyway, my counselor K-Mart (Kenny Martin is his real name) says I have huge potential in the blobbing world. He says it takes bravery and courage to be a great blobber. You definitely need the bravery part because the first time is scary for no reason, but you don’t know that until you do it. K-Mart said when you jump off the tower the first time it’s like trusting God that he’ll always be there when you need Him. K-Mart should know ‘cause he likes trying new stuff like the triple leapfrog, and extreme apple eating, all of which are awesome! But for me, I could just blob all day at Kamp and some day I’m going to be on ESPN! K-Mart would think that was the blob (dot) com!”

Kanakuk offers children young and old new, exciting adventures that prep them for a life of challenge and success. Josh’s story is based on the experiences of thousands of young boys and girls who come to Kanakuk and share special moments with one of our hand-picked Christian counselors; leaders and role models who strive to live a life worthy of following. Sometimes it takes being called “K-Mart” and playing in the pool!

This is a compilation of Kamper and counselor stories that I have collected over the years. The name, etc have all been changed.

Facebook friends make your comments in the original post at Inside Kanakuk.

No comments: