Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Do men really give a rip about Jesus?

 
Men coming to the Cross in Hershey, PA. 

Do men care about Jesus? Of people attending church services today 61% are women and 39% are men. [http://www.uscongregations.org/key.htm] Does that statistic answer the question? I hope not. Maybe as you looked around the sanctuary this past Sunday you saw those same kinds of numbers and asked yourself what is wrong.

Let me give you some encouragement. While we might not being going to church we are realizing that we need to take a more active roll in the spiritual lives of our families. Men are seeing the need to be authentic and to share our struggles. Men are learning that they need to make their family their priority. Men are learning that they can't defeat temptation without a daily relationship with Jesus Christ and God's Word.

This past weekend I was in Hershey, PA [yes, I went to Chocolate World] and worked at the Men at the Cross event held at the Giant Center right next door to Hershey Park. Around 2000 men were there caring about Jesus. The event was also webcast so people all over the country participated too.

Stu Weber
Todd Wagner
Reggie Dabbs
Rick Rigsby
Joe White
Gary Smalley

These close. "I Timothy 1:5" friends spoke at the Men at the Cross event in Hershey and gave a great challenge to men to find a "Timothy" in their life. Someone who they will disciple for 24 weeks so that that man can then become a Paul to someone in their life. Ultimately to reach the whole World for Christ through life-on-life ministry.

If you would like to see the event program in it's entirety it is now available as an archived webcast at www.menatthecross.org. It is available until December 22nd, 2008.

Here is just one of the testimonials received from the webcast participants:

I'm a recently dismissed worship pastor who had just about given up. I
was ready to move back into the bleachers. I realize tonight that I have
been holding back from God. I have no idea what God has in store for me
now, but I'm going to wait for Him. I want to be one who He "strengthens
whose heart is fully committed to Him" (2 Chron. 16:9). I pray that God
will show me my Timothy so that I may do my part in fulfilling the
Commission. Thank you for making this webcast available. And to think
that this is only the first hour of the event. Praise God for bringing
me back!!

In Christ,
Dave, Indiana

Tell us about men that care about Jesus. Leave a comment.

Facebook friends make your comments in the original post at Inside Kanakuk.

No comments: