Tuesday, June 30, 2009

An Overwhelming Response regarding H1N1 News

Off the subject: A sneak peak at some artwork for a new online game.

I'm having to pick through my inbox carefully to find the emails from parents with questions and concerns about the H1N1 situation we had during the second two weeks of the summer. There are so many of the responses to our emails that go like:

  • THANK YOU!!! Amazing job!
  • Thanks so much. And thank you for all you are all doing to ensure excellent communication on the flu challenges at hand. Extremely professional and communicative.
  • I have a K-West staffer and K-2 kamper coming down next week. Although neither is totally packed, they're both ready to be at Kanakuk. You guys are terrific in every way. Thanks for everything you do. And remember that where Christ is strongest, the enemy hits hardest
  • Thank you for your aggressive handling of this medical concern. I, as a
    Kanakuk parent of a currently attending child, appreciate the precautionary
    steps you are taking to keep this flu under control.
  • Thank you as we were concerned. We appreciate the update. John is excited to arrive at K-1 for Term 4 on July 7. We will double check all the health documents. - Best regards
  • Really appreciate the update. Know you are probably in "crisis mode" and busy - but just wanted to reaffirm our faith that Kanakuk will handle this right and in the children's best interest.
  • Bless you for doing such a thorough and thoughtful job of taking care
    of our kids - they love Kanakuk so much!
That was just a sampling, seven emails/msgs in a row out of my inbox. One of those was an email copy of a comment on my blog at www.insidekanakuk.com. It has become a pleasure to hear an email arrive on my phone, knowing that it's a good word from you. Now, here's the problem and what makes this a little overwhelming.

I'm getting some of the messages on my voice mail, and so many of them are supportive but some of them are questions. Some of the question ones are hard to hear, between wind noise or bad cell phone coverage, I can't make out a phone number or a Kamper name and I'm unable to call them back. It drives me crazy to think that a Kamp family is out there thinking that I'll call back and don't! I want to! So, if you have called me or Kanakuk and we haven't called you back please call again. The best number during the week is 417-266-3000. Talk to one of the registrars or ask to be transfered to me. We want to help.

The summer is going so fast. I can't wait for you to see some of the great photos, and amazing video work that we are doing.

Hope you have a great evening. I'm going to take an evening off, see a movie with my wife and squeeze the kids!

Facebook friends make your comments in the original post at Inside Kanakuk.

1 comment:

the Stork Nest said...

You guys have done such an amazing job! we have five kids at kamps currently, and though i miss them like crazy, the letters that are arriving daily in our mailbox remind us of why we budget and plan all year to send them! it is amazing to see their faith sprout wings. God has used Kanakuk to reinforce all these truths. Thank you!!!
PS> seeing their smiling faces on SmugMug helps too!