Thursday, June 17, 2010

More than a summer camp

Well Kanakuk has officially been in session for 17 days! It’s amazing to think about all that has already occurred in the first two and a half weeks. By the sounds of the laughter around Kamp, I would say there is a lot of fun going on around here!

As a former Kamper myself, I remember the anticipation of counting down the days, packing up my trunk, driving in the Kamp gates as excitement grew and anxiously awaiting Kounselors dressed in crazy clothes to grab me out of my parents car and take me to my new home for the next two weeks. Kamp was a thrill disguised as one of the many things that shaped me into who I am today and I am so thankful for the memories.




Over the past few weeks I have been contacted by a few people who had amazing memories of Kamp and the impact it has had on their lives. In celebration of Kamp’s 85th anniversary they wanted to share and thank Kamp for all it has done in them.

I would love to hear from you too! If you are a past Kamper, staff or even a parent of a current Kamper who has a fun story to tell about the impact Kamp has had please email it to us at Stocker@KLife.com or message Kanakuk Kamps on Facebook.

Facebook friends make your comments in the original post at Inside Kanakuk.

No comments: