Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Kanakuk Summer Camp Memories

Some of the best summer camp memories are made blobbing your friends. This is the blob at K-1.

Share Your Kanakuk Memories With Us!

Kamp is underway and it's our 85th birthday! Each summer our Video Director Tim Oliphant creates a movie to share throughout the winter months. This summer the movie's working title is "Memories and Moments." I don't want to spoil it for you, but God is doing some amazing things to bring people to us from as far back as 1948 to share their Kanakuk memories. And, just two days into the summer the heart touching moments of this summer are already spilling over!

As we celebrate on this our 85th summer we would love to hear about your favorite memories from summers past. Comment here on this blog or send me an email at jay@kanakuk.com.

Facebook friends make your comments in the original post at Inside Kanakuk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When we were on our tubing trip at k-kountry, one of our two boats broke down. And then it started to rain, hard. We had to hook the broken boat to the working boat and drive it back. It look us and hour and a half, and we missed most of dinner. The whole time not one of us complained. We told stories and laughed and sang and just had a great time. I'll always remember this as kamp. Never letting anything stand in the way of having a good time :) :D :P

Unknown said...

:p My fav camp memory is when I was at K-1 for the first time...... WE HAD AN EGG RACE!!!! It was so fun. We took off all of our shirts, (bathing suits under them.... I had another shirt:D)wrapped them around the egg, and did all sorts of activities!!!! We did stuff like jumping off of the (cant remember the name) tall thingy on the dock, hop over things, and make sure it didnt break..... The team that did the best got a prize....My team got ice cream. Another camp memory is watching the people on the blob.... My friend, Amber Stone, was winning and became the blob champion. One memory I will never forget is when I was showing my parents around, but before that they had a video.... Some people had interviews and they were in the video... as we watched I remember shouting, "There's Amber!"!!!! It was funny. Later on we went to the ziplining..... I didnt do it but I wished I did. One of my fav memories is.... The one, the only, THE PARTY BARN!!!! It was always a privelage to go... :D I loved the party barn! I hope you all have a great time like I did.