Saturday, September 19, 2009

Walking Your Family Through Pain

The following email was sent from Joe White to all Kanakuk families that we have valid emails for. Not all of you can receive emails so he wanted me to share this with you.

---------

Dear Kanakuk Families,

Last night I was in the home of a truly amazing mom. To her husband, her three kids and to me she is every bit of that and more. Double-mastectomy, months of chemotherapy and then the tragic loss of her close friend. I learned a lot last night in that home. Her family, and quite honestly my family, and much of our greater Kamp family tonight are wanting help when life becomes exceedingly difficult. How do I help my kids understand? How do I help my kids walk through sadness and difficult circumstances that are beyond my control?

Over the past three days, I have penned my best thoughts and some things that I have learned over the years from my long time friends Dr. Gary Smalley, Dr. James Dobson, and mainly from 36 years of priceless conversations with our Kamp families who also have asked, “Where is God when life doesn’t make sense?”

Click here to read: Walking Your Family Through Pain

In His strength,

Joe White


-------

3 comments:

Andrea Young said...

What wonderful advice and such truth Joe...may God bless your precious spirit and heart for the children and for Him.

dawn said...

Thank you for pointing us to this letter. It is so timely as we are walking with our boys through this tough time. Our family loves Kanakuk. We will not let the devil take away the experience and the joy our kids get while they are there. We will continue to send them to kamp every summer until they are too old and then we hope they can spend their summers in college there too, giving back to the kamp that gave them so much.

Liz said...

Thanks Joe. Your post ministered to one of our daughters who is going through a tough time. No matter how old your kids are, you hurt when they hurt and all we can do is continue to show them the unconditional love of CHRIST and intercede knowing that He will never leave them nor forsake them.
We will be forever grateful to the LORD for prodiving for our 3 children to attend Kanakuk and Kanakomo and for their time spent there as counselors while in college. We want you to know that we love you and are praying for you and standing beside you during this difficult time. CHRIST is the Victor! Thank you for a life lived for the glory of GOD!!!
Liz