Friday, September 18, 2009

The Lord Lives!

Do you ever read Proverbs and the Psalms by what day of the month it is? I do, and today the 18th Psalm verse 46 reminded me of an old church camp song from when I was a kid. The chorus was straight from scripture...

"The Lord livith and blessed be the Rock and let the God of my salvation be exalted."

The version I'm reading tonight is slightly different, but in my heart the words above are forever burned. Those memories from summers at camp reminded why it's so important for me to be here today making sure that I do my small part in helping Kanakuk connect with you.

Before Christ came to earth God was my salvation, my Rock and He's alive! That's exciting to me. I hope it is for you too. Does any one have memories of that song from your childhood? If I could carry a tune I'd post audio :-)

Facebook friends make your comments in the original post at Inside Kanakuk.

1 comment:

Sally said...

I sang the verse you posted and I remember it from camp! Great song. Here's one I remember from ALL the camps that I went to.
"Kum Ba Ya my Lord, Kum ba ya"