Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Kanakuk's K-1 "K-Dome" Getting a Makeover #2





There's progress being made on the K-1 K-Dome makeover. As you can see in the photos the new wall structures are starting to take shape atop all new concrete footers. You might also notice the absence of the colorful murals that have been along the back wall of the K-Dome for many years. Those have been moved to storage with plans to put them back on display. The new location for those has not been determined, but they will maintain their place in the atmosphere of K-1!

Enjoy the day! Does this time of the year give you chills, like it does me? I just can't wait for summer to get here. There is just something about that first bus full of Kampers that rolls into the parking lot right outside my window. It's bigger than the start of football season, it's like 5000 men praising God at a Men at the Cross event. It just feels right. I don't see many of their faces (until I look through the 100,000+ photos) but I feel their hearts begin to beat long before I hear the grind of the bus engine up that last hill. It's electric!

To Kelley - I'm so glad you are going to be a part of it!

Facebook friends make your comments in the original post at Inside Kanakuk.

2 comments:

Berg said...

Thanks for posting so quickly, Jay! I'm glad to know that those beautiful murals weren't tossed...my cabinmates from the 90's and I were nostalgic and sad at the prospect of them not being around for future generations of kampers! I remember when they were first put up...they still seem "new" in my mind because of that!

Garrett said...

You should show the finished K-Dome... it looks really nice!